Sunday, November 22, 2009

and more work!



It is amazing what goes into putting together a display for a show when it comes down to actually doing it. I have been happily puttering with my jewelry for several years, doing a custom job now and again, and more recently, posting on Etsy and making some sales there. Now I am preparing for my first show and sale. I was invited with about 5 weeks leeway, and kicked it into gear. But, I had to rethink packaging and still must think about pricing and display. There is an amazing web site that I'm sure anyone searching for packaging and display ideas could find with a google search by Rena Klingenberg at http://jewelrydisplayideas.com/ that has been helpful.

For packaging, I was using a fairly time consuming process with a (not sure what to call it....) puffy box that I was cutting, scoring and folding myself, then wrapping with a paper ribbon and sticking my card in it. Looked good, but not doable for a show, especially when I am not the one doing the packaging - the show has a central check out station.

So.... I bought some kraft boxes and I am circling the cover only with the paper strip. I also got some sticker paper, and printed up my name and email to stick on the cover of each box.

Display - have a table, but no cover. I bought a large black 'wedding' table cloth on ebay to cover the table. More to do and think about, but I will have to do that later in the week.

Earring cards and display - designed some earring cards (pictured, except the background image of the tree is fainter) , and will need to come up with a display hanger. Have an idea for using picture frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment